A forum has a great post on what people hate about building designs. http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=61908
Curious, I started to rank our building design on some of the ‘frustrations’ others have had. I guess this could also double as a great post to see what you want from your building plans
- Forum says: Not enough storage- Our plans: Heaps, thank you.
- No eaves – 750 eaves!
- Small robes – Big robes in every room
- Bedrooms with common walls – Robes divide them
- Bedrooms off dining/living/family rooms – No way
- Guest bedrooms with ensuite- No way. Bathroom down the hall
- Dining room off front hall a mile from the kitchen- Adjacent
- Accessing the laundry through the kitchen- Down the hall
- Fridge in pantry or at wrong end of kitchen – Fringe in kitchen, where it belongs
Did okay, I think. Oh, we did need to add a sliding door to our ensuite. That is just smart! Not sure we all need to share in those moments.
How does your floorplan stack up against the forum experts?