A lot of people say volume builder designs are very structured and you can’t do too much to them.
This isn’t quite true. We did a quite a few mods to our house. Granted, these mods aren’t a complete remake of the layout, but some were pretty major.
Mods we made:
- Moved windows
- Changed window heights
- Added windows
- Added to ceiling heights, door heights
- Removed walls
- Added walls
- Added sliding doors
- Changed our façade windows (sneaky, we know)
- Added a bath to the ensuite
- Added extra width to the lounge room
- Added a firebox
- Added larger island bench
- Added extra ovens to the kitchen
- Added doors
What mods did you make? Did you feel you could make the house your own?